I'm pleased to announce that we have just gotten support for the next CPB/PBS Producers Workshop at WGBH.  It's a tribute to all of you because you've moved ahead to such great careers and are making such meaningful contributions to public media.  Cheers and thanks to you all!

Now comes planning:  we realized it's not the right time just now to start the Workshop process -- too many folks are off on summer vacation, and then there's the busy start of the fall season.  So our plan is to open applications in November and December, and plan the next Workshop for late March 2013. 

I'll send another note in the fall, to ask you to spread the word to likely candidates.  Your recommendations have brought it great candidates, since you know, more than anyone else, what the Workshops can be.

J

Views: 250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great news Judith! Thanks for sharing.  : )

UPDATE:  The Workshop 2013 application period will be November 2 to December 14, and the Workshop itself will be held the last week of March 2013.  I hope you'll share the word with folks you think would be interested -- over the years, many of the best Workshop candidates have come from Workshop grads like you!  As always, the application information will be on pbs.org/producers, and applications will go to Kathy Lo at PBS. 

Hope everyone is well, and I'll send along one more reminder in a week or so. 

Congratulations, Judith, I see that you used the storm isolation to give the final touches to this. I have already invited a great filmmaker and will continue to do so. It was a fantastic experience still resonating and helping me move forward as a doc filmmaker. Thank you!

RSS

© 2018   Created by Judith Vecchione.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service