WGBH's Studio Six is looking for a top-level associate producer. Adrienne Rahn, who many of you knew from Workshop, is leaving to move to Portland and be near family - we will miss her terribly. So please spread the word about this great opening!
With an expertise in lifestyles and cooking content; public affairs; science; and natural history, WGBH’s Studio Six specializes in timely broadcast and digital productions including specials, such as America After Charleston, and PBS limited series, including I’ll Have What Phil’s Having with Phil Rosenthal, the natural history series, Rare, scheduled for 2017, and the recurring Lidia Celebrates America specials with Lidia Bastianich. The Studio Six production team produces 75+ hours of content annually.
The Associate Producer will be the primary lead with all aspects of pre-production, travel & shoot planning, booking guests, preparing shoot itineraries and schedules, logging of media footage, compiling all necessary releases, amongst other duties as assigned.
It will be essential that the candidate feels comfortable and can take initiative in making phone calls, scheduling travel, manage logistics for both domestic and international production shoots, as well as multi-task on other production related projects at the same time.
In addition, the candidate will provide support during the shutdown of all projects and ensuring back-ups of all media, coordination with tape library, creating music and visual cue sheets for shutdown, and other duties as assigned. The candidate will also be vital to assist in researching talent, topics and content development for preliminary R&D projects. Must have TV Production experience and strong research, booking and organizational skills.
- TV Production experience is necessary. Studio and Field Production experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and experience in managing media both tapes and tapeless.
- Positive attitude, with the ability to work with Executive Producers, Sr. Producers, Editors and others in a collaborative / team environment – often working toward stringent time deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to think big and out of the box and be comfortable bringing ideas to the table to help solve problems or improve systems.
- Familiarity with a range of social media platforms, and digital media systems is important.
- Knowledge of AVID and Final Cut Pro editing systems.